My name is Yue Shi. I am an EE. Ph.D. Candidate in University of Southern California. My research interest is in mobile cloud computing, big data analytics, reinforcement learning. My resume: resume.
- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, University of Southern California, USA, Jan. 2014 ~ Present,GPA: 3.88/4.00
- Screening Exam Passed: May,2015
- Qualifying Exam Passed: Oct,2017
- Academic Advisor: Prof. Kai Hwang
- Master's degree,Computer Science,University of Southern California, USA,May 2017 ,GPA: 3.90/4.00
- Master's degree, Electrical Engineering,University of Southern California,USA, GPA: 3.96/4.00
- Bachelor's degree, Automation,Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology, China, Sep. 2008 ~ June. 2012, GPA: 89.19% (top 3)
Award: National Scholarship, 2010 and 2011
Graduate Course Work:
EE 450 A Introduction to Computer Netw
EE 457 A Computer Systems Organization
EE 465 A- Probabilistic Methods in Comp
CSCI570 A Analysis of Algorithms
EE 555 A Broadband Network Architecture
EE 597 A Wireless Networks
EE 550 A Design and Analysis of Comput
CSCI402 A Operating Systems
EE 557 A Computer Systems Architecture
535 B+ Mobile Communications
554 A Real Time Computer Systems
CSCI530 A Security Systems
CSCI561 A Foundations of Artificial Int
CSCI571 A Web Technologies
CSCI567 A- Machine Learning
CSCI585 A- Database Systems
CSCI670 A- Advanced Analysis of Algorith
- Teaching Assistant at University of Southern California, USA:
- EE532: Wireless Internet and Pervasive Computing, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014
- EE542: Cloud Computing for Fall 2014 , Fall 2015 ,Fall 2016
- EE352L: Computer organization and Architecture, Spring 2015
- CSCI402: Operating System, Spring 2016, Spring 2017
- Teaching Assistant at Tsinghua University, China:
- SMACT-Social, Mobile, Analytics, Clouds and Internet of Things (IoT), summer 2015
- Y. Shi and K.Hwang, "Adaptive Reinforcement Learning with Parallel CART Search for Mental Disorder Detection", submitted to IEEE Big Data Conference, December 11, 2017.
- K. Hwang, X. Bai, Y. Shi, M. Li, W. Chen, and Y. Wu, "Cloud Performance Modeling with Benchmark Evaluation of Elastic Scaling Strategies", IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, accepted Jan.14, 2015.
- Y. Shi, S. Abhilash, and K. Hwang, "Cloudlet Mesh for Securing Mobile Clouds from Intrusions and Network Attacks", IEEE International Conference on Mobile Cloud Computing, April, 2015.
- K. Hwang, Y. Shi and X. Bai, "Scale-Out vs. Scale-Up Techniques for Cloud Performance and Productivity", IEEE CloudCom2014 Workshop on Emerging Issues in Clouds, Singapore, Dec.2014.
- Y.Shi and K.Hwang,"Cloudlet Mesh for Secure Offloading and Mental Healthcare Applications on Distance Clouds", in preparation to submit to IEEE Trans. on Cloud Computing.
- Y. Shi, K. Hwang, "Streaming Dynamic Overlapping Community Detection For Healthcare System", to be submitted to IEEE Big Data Conference, May 2018
- Yue Shi and Kai Hwang , “Health Cloud Benchmarks Experiments on Mental Disorder Detection and Recovery" , to be submitted to NIPS 2018, May.
- Y. Shi, K. Hwang, "Distributed Block Chain for Cloud Security ", to be submitted to IEEE Transaction on Cloud Computing, Aug 2018