Yue Shi Homepage, EE Ph.D. student at University of Southern California
I am a PhD student at University of Southern California. My research interest is in cloud computing. Although cloud computing is still in the stage of infancy,
it has become a highly demanded service due to the advantages of high computing power, cheap cost of services, high performance, scalability, accessibility as well as availability. I aim to address the issues with cloud computing to make cloud better serve human life. It is always exciting to change the world with innovative technologies.
For more about me, you could refer to my resume.
Thanks for visiting my personal website,have some fun with a love test
- Research interests
- Big data analytics and integreting clouds
- Mobile systems
- Social networks and IoT for mashup applications
- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, University of Southern California, USA, Jan. 2014 ~ Present,GPA: 3.94/4.00
- Screening Exam Passed: May,2015
- Academic Advisor: Prof. Kai Hwang
- Master's degree,Computer Science,University of Southern California, USA,expected May 2017 ,GPA: 3.94/4.00
- Master's degree, Electrical Engineering,University of Southern California,USA, GPA: 3.96/4.00
- Bachelor's degree, Automation,Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology, China, Sep. 2008 ~ June. 2012, GPA: 89.19% (top 3)
Award: National Scholarship, 2010 & 2011
- Teaching Assistant at University of Southern California, USA:
- EE532: Wireless Internet and Pervasive Computing, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014
- EE542: Cloud Computing for Fall 2014 and Fall 2015
- EE352L: Computer organization and Architecture, Spring 2015
- Teaching Assistant at Tsinghua University, China:
- SMACT-Social, Mobile, Analytics, Clouds and Internet of Things (IoT), summer 2015
- K. Hwang, X. Bai, Y. Shi, M. Li, W. Chen, and Y. Wu, “Cloud Performance Modeling with Benchmark Evaluation of Elastic Scaling Strategies”, IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, accepted Jan.14, 2015.
- Y. Shi, S. Abhilash, and K. Hwang, “Cloudlet Mesh for Securing Mobile Clouds from Intrusions and Network Attacks”, IEEE International Conference on Mobile Cloud Computing, April, 2015.
- K. Hwang, Y. Shi and X. Bai, “Scale-Out vs. Scale-Up Techniques for Cloud Performance and Productivity”, IEEE CloudCom2014 Workshop on Emerging Issues in Clouds, Singapore, Dec.2014.
- Y. Shi, K. Hwang, "Streaming Graph-Parallel Algorithms for Dynamic Community Detection
using Spark GraphX",in preparation.
- Y. Shi, K. Hwang,"Benchmark Evaluation of Spark and Storm Streaming Engines
for Dynamic Community Detection in Social Networks", in preparation
- Y.Shi, K.Hwang,"Cloudlet Mesh for Mobile Access of Remote Clouds with Security Enforcement and Prioritized Admission Control",to be submitted to IEEE Trans. on Cloud Computing.
Number of Visitors: