I am a Master student of Computer Science at University of Southern California. My interests is in Computer and Network Security. And I loove fantacy stories. My favorate writer is Jules Verne.
Distribued System for DNA Matching
- Created distributed system with 4 content-based routers to distribute a 3GB human genome data and small gene segments of 1GB for matching
- Built customized packet format without existing network layer headers.
Fast and Reliable Transmission over TCP/IP
- Speeded up the TCP connection throughput in a network with high loss rate and delay by hacking the kernel and changing the router performance.
Software IP Router development
- Developed a software IP route based on libpcap. It could sniffer packets, modify the headers and inject the packet to the network without side effect on the throughput. The software route is also able to reply toTraceroute and Ping.
Packet Filter Firewall Development
- Established the apache www server with SSL and CGI enabled
- Created the administration webpage with HTML and shell script for remote control
- The firewall rules were created with IPtables, controlled by CGIs which were written in shell script
Java GUI Application with Oracle Spatial Database Project
- Created the Oracle database with spatial entities
- Developed a Java program that can read information from text files and insert them into the oracle database with spatial elements;
- Developed a Java windows program, which can capture user’s mouse event and create the spatial queries transmitted to the oracle database, then show the result of the query in graphics to user