My name is Wei-Cherng Liao, coming from Taiwan.
I'm currently a PhD student in Electrical Engineering at the University
of Southern California.
My advisor is Prof. Konstantinos Psounis.
I received my first degree and the M.Sc. degree from the department of
Electrical and Computer Engineering of National Taiwan University, Taiwan,
in June 1998 and June 2000 respectively.
Here is my resume.
Modeling, and performance prediction/analysis for computer networks and the incentive scheme of P2P system.
- Performance Analysis of BitTorrent-like Systems with Heterogeneous Users. Wei-Cherng Liao, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, and Konstantinos Psounis, 26th International Symposium on Computer Performance, Modeling, Measurements and Evaluation (Performance 2007), October 2007.
- A Peer-to-Peer Cooperation Enhancement Scheme and its Performance Analysis. Wei-Cherng Liao, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, and Konstantinos Psounis, Journal of Communications, Vol. 1, Issue 7, November 2006.
- An Efficient Algorithm for Resource Sharing in Peer-to-Peer Networks. Wei-Cherng Liao, Fragkiskos Papadopoulos, and Konstantinos Psounis, IFIP NETWORKING, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3976, pp. 592-605, Springer, May 2006.
- Summer Intern (2006, 2007) at Netlogic
- Research Assistant since Fall 2005
- Teaching Assistant for
|EE 484 Communication System Design (Spring 2006)|
|EE 465 Probabilistic Methods in Computer Systems Modeling (Fall 2006, 2007)|
|EE 555 Broadband Network Architectures (Spring 2007)|
|EE 650 Advanced Topics in Computer Networks (Spring 2008)|
- I like travelling, food, wine, baseball, palm drama, ...
- I am learning tennis, ski, photograph, Linux, ...