- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
08/2012 - 05/2014
Master of Science, Computer Science
- Thapar University, Patiala, India
07/2005 - 05/2009
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication
Intern, QIS, Qualcomm Technologies, San Diego, CA
05/2013 - 08/2013
Language : Java
- Designed and coded functional user interface test framework for QChat android application using Robotium.
- Integrated the android test project as a Maven project into Jenkins for continuous integration.
Programming Research Assistant, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
09/2012 - 05/2013
Language : Perl, Python
- Developed Python and Perl programs to parse news articles in XML, RTF and HTML format for a research project on stock market.
Systems Engineer, Engineering Department, Infosys Limited, India
08/2009 - 08/2012
Language : C, Python, Java
- Designed and programmed wireless networking protocols such as TCP, UDP and services like GPRS into the simulator to test device firmware and plug-ins using C Language.
- Coded an automation framework using Python for testing Tom-Tom map navigation application.
- Developed an OBD (On Board Diagnostics) android simulator application as a proof of concept.
Intern, Fibcom India Limited, Gurgaon, India
- Worked on SONET (Synchronous Optical Networking) technology and collected optical performance data using parameters such as jitter, wander, and bit error rate on Tellabs 6325 optical networking device.
Operating system : Android , Linux, Open AT, Windows XP/7
Software Packages : Robotium, Sierra Wireless Software Suite, gnuplot
Tools : Wireshark, OPNET, Apache web server, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, adb, zebra, emulab
Software Model : Agile, Scrum
Fast Reliable File Transfer over TCP/IP : Fall 2013, Language : C
- Hacked the Linux TCP Reno module to get a file transfer speed of 71 Mbps over 100 Mbps link having 200 ms delay and 20 % loss.
Custom Routing Application : Fall 2013, Language : C, C++
- Developed static IP routing application using libpcap and raw socket interface using C language and achieved a throughput of 550 Mbps over a 1Gbps lossless link using iperf tool.
File Transfer application : Fall 2013, Language : C, C++
- Developed a C program over UDP achieving a throughput of 37.8 Mbps over a 100 Mbps link having 20% loss and 200 ms delay to transfer a 1GB file.
Socket Programming : Fall 2013, Language : C
- Implemented a chat program using UDP and TCP sockets in C language.
Operating System Components : Spring 2013, Language : C
- Implemented threads, processes and virtual file system for the Weenix operating system using C language.
Multithreaded Programming : Spring 2013, Language : C
- Simulated multi-threaded traffic shaper C application which transmits packets controlled by token bucket filter.
Android Facebook Application : Fall 2012, Language : Java, Perl
- Developed an Android application using Facebook APIís and Apache web server to post movie data scraped from imdb.com onto a userís Facebook wall.
CS-558: Internetwork and Distributed Systems Laboratory : FALL 2013
CS-551: Computer Communication : FALL 2013
CS-570: Analysis of Algorithms : SPRING 2013
CS-402: Operating Systems : SPRING 2013
CS-571: Web Technologies : Fall 2012
EE-457: Computer System Organizations : Fall 2012
EE-450: Computer Networks : Fall 2012
ACHIEVEMENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Awarded Spot Award in Infosys for debugging SIM registration issue in the simulator.
- Awarded Champ of the month in Infosys for managing, both, front office verification and back office verification activities.
- Event Management secretary of SPICMACY (Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture amongst Youth.) society and member of Technical Committee at Thapar University.
You can e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org