Open Source Search Engine (Java, SOLR, php)
CSCI 572: Information Retreival and Web Search Engines
- Implemented a crawler using the crawler4j library to crawl a website based on user's input.
- Collected information from the crawled webpages
- Wrote a submethod to download a local copy of the webpage which match the input criteria
- Implemented pageRank algorithm to enhance the relevancy of search results.
- Incorporated Solr to index the downloaded files properly, and to have a uniform query result format.
- Implemented auto complete and auto spell corrector/suggestor for the search box.
PrimeEngine - PhysxEngine (C++)
CSCI 522: Game Engine Development
Adding features to USC GamePipe's PrimeEngine to implement Physics, Environmental Blending, Animation State Machines, Behavior State Machines, Shader Programming and many more.
- One of the top three projects selected to be showcased at USC Gamepipe Showcase Fall 2015.
- Implemented dynamic contact detection points. These points are then used to calculate and pre-update the scene.
- Added Collision Resolver: implementation to keep track of the object movements and update the root of the scene.
- Implemented momentum conservation, inertia, angular velocity, friction, gravity and wind.
- Successfully tested and ported to XBOX, steady frame rate of 60FPS (PC) and ~55FPS(XBOX)
- Future work on porting engine to GPU and execute on parallel threads for faster computation.
- Demo 1 | Demo 2
SpaceRTS (UNREAL Engine - C++)
CSCI 524: Networked Artificial Intelligence
SpaceRTS is a networked game that was developed using ©Unreal Engine 4.
- Real Time Strategy Game developed using Unreal Engine 4.
- Improved enemy movement mechanisms utilizing A* as path finding algorithm.
- Enhanced the user gameplay experience by implementing enemy AI with an efficiency of 60%.
Zillow Android Application (Web/Android Programming)
CSCI 571: Web Technologies Project
The application can be used to search for property details. The app fetched information from the ©Zillow servers. The servers responded with a XML document. This document was parsed using a PHP script hosted on the cloud using Amazon's AWS Elastic BeanStalk.
- Developed a web and android application that allows the user to find latest property information using Zillow.
- Enhanced the user experience using CSS3, bootstrap framework and jQuery features.
- Improved search technique by integrating the search box with autocomplete feature.
- Integrated Facebook API to allow users to post the property data on Facebook.
3D Voxel Team Project (C++)
CSCI580: 3D Graphics and Rendering Project
The project was two fold, we implemented a Ray Tracer with Toon Shading whereas the second part was Enviroment Mapping.
- Developed a Graphics Rendering Library in C++ which reads a given data file and parses it to render images.
- Programmed a Ray Tracer and enhanced its visual appeal by designing a parallel toon shading algorithm.
- Implemented triangle rasterizer using Barycentric algorithm and Z-Buffering.
- Devised methods to perform various transformations of 3D objects.
- Successfully implemented Flat, Gouraud and Phong shading algorithms.
- Performed image texturing and anti-aliasing on images.