ContactDepartment of Philosophy
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
- (in progress) Ph.D. Philosophy
- M.A. Philosophy, May 2012
- B.S. Studio Arts, Dec 2010, Summa cum Laude
- B.A. Philosophy, May 2009, Summa cum Laude
Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Language, Ethics, Philosophy of Law, Epistemology, Logic.
Awards & Fellowships
PhD Achievement Award, University of Southern California.Awarded to five of the 3,000+ students in PhD programs university-wide. Flewelling Award for Outstanding Graduate Students(USC). Competitive departmental award.
Scholar at the Saks Institute for Mental Health Law, Policy, and Ethics University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award(USC). Awarded to one TA in the humanities and arts, university-wide.
Award for Excellence in Teaching in Philosophy(USC). Awarded to one TA in the Department of Philosophy.
Graduate School Professional Development Summer Fellowship(USC). Sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
University Provost Fellowship,University of Southern California (Competitive university fellowship) C. Mason and Madeline Myers Graduate Philosophy Award(NIU). Awarded to one outstanding student in the Philosophy M.A. program.
University Fellowship,The Graduate School, Northern Illinois University (Competitive university fellowship)
Outstanding Philosophy Thesis Presentation of the Year(Biola). Member of Academic Honors Society Epsilon Kappa Epsilon(Biola). Awarded to the top 5% of the graduating class. Order of Peter & Paul, Torrey Honors Institute (Biola). Awarded to the top 10% of the graduating class in the honors program.
The Pragmatics of Slurs, to appear in Nous (published online March 2015).
Revisiting the Right to do Wrong, Australasian Journal of Philosophy (published online May 2016).
Book Review: Review of How Propaganda Works, by Jason Stanley. Ethics (forthcoming, January 2017)
Selected Conference Presentations
- (scheduled) American Philosophical Association Central Division Meeting, Kansas City, March 2017
- 9th Arche Graduate Conference, St. Andrews, October 2016
- Talbot Philosophical Society, Biola University (invited colloquium), November 2016
- Rocky Mountain Ethics Congress, Boulder, August 2016
- Stockholm Centre for the Ethics of War and Peace Graduate Reading Retreat, September 2016
- Manchester Center for Political Theory, Panel on Risk and Uncertainty, September 2016
- Harvard Graduate Political Theory Conference, October 2015
- APA Pacific Division Meeting, March 2016
- 9th Annual Northern Graduate Philosophy Conference, November 2015
- Political Violence Workshop, University of Connecticut, December 2015
- APA Central Division Meeting, February 2015
- UCLA and University of Antwerp Joint Conference on Law and Philosophy, October 2014
- 8th Annual Conference Northwestern University Society for Theory in Ethics and Politics, March 2014
- Princeton/Rutgers Graduate Student Conference, April 2013
- 7th Annual Texas Tech University Graduate Student Conference, April 2013
- Indiana Philosophical Association, April 2012
- USC/UCLA Graduate Conference, Feb 2012
- British Postgraduate Philosophical Association, Sept 2011
- Central States Philosophical Association, Sept 2011
- Georgia State University Graduate Conference, March 2011*
- Journals: Australasian Journal of Philosophy, Ethical Theory and Moral Practice (x2), Social Theory and Practice, Dialectica, Pacific Philosophical Quarterly (x2)
- Conferences: Midwest Regional Graduate Conference (2011), USC/UCLA Graduate Conference (2013-16)
- Editorial Assistant, Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy (2016-present)
- President, USC Philosophy Graduate Student Association (2015-2016)
- Co-Organizer, USC/UCLA Graduate Conference (2014)
- Co-Organizer, 5th Annual Midwest Regional Graduate Conference (2011)
- Philosophy Graduate Student Advisory Council, Northern Illinois University (2011)