"We feel free when we escape - even if it be but from the frying pan into the fire." - Eric Hoffer
I am a graduate student pursuing my Master's degree in Computer Science at the University of Southern California. I completed my undergraduate studies in Computer Science and Engineering at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore, India in May 2010. My core interests lie in the fields of Java Application Development, Database Systems, Web Development and Design, and Semantic Web. I have previously worked as a Software Engineering Intern at Center for Development of Telematics (a Government of India research organization) where I built a Logger application for a Network Management System in Java.
I indulge in amateur photography and web design. Feel free to browse through my portfolio. I also like to write. From time to time, I write music reviews for Headbangers India and football reviews on The Kop.
Click on any project title to expand/collapse.
- 3D Paint Application using Novint Falcon (Jan 2010 - May 2010)
Created a 3D paint application, rigged to the haptics device Novint Falcon, that provided force feedback to users while painting, using OpenGL and Chai3D technologies, as part of the final undergraduate degree project.
- Android Mobile Application in Java using Facebook SDK (Web Technologies, Spring 2011)
Built an Android application that allows a user to login to Facebook and enter a zip code, and displays the corresponding weather information, which can then be posted on the user’s wall along with a picture. Used the Android SDK and AVD in an Eclipse environment.
- AJAX/JSON/Java and Facebook Mashup (Web Technologies, Spring 2011)
- Perl Exercise (Web Technologies, Spring 2011)
Wrote an HTML program/Perl script, which allows a user to register his personal information from a form, stores the information on an XML file, parses the XML file, and displays the weather in the user's area in an HTML document within a browser. Used an Apache server for server-side processing.
- Google Maps Emulation – Spatial Databases (Database Systems, Fall 2010)
Designed an application that queries spatial databases from a given map using Oracle 11g, Oracle Spatial features and Java (JDBC). Users can be shown the position of students, vehicles and routes on the map, utilizing an interactive GUI.
- Faculty Database using XML Data (Database Systems, Fall 2010)
Created an XML Schema and an XML Stylesheet to represent faculty and building information, and used XQuery to retrieve the XML data.
- Mapping Extended ER Model onto OR-DBMS (Database Systems, Fall 2010)
Designed an EER model for given data, mapped the EER conceptual schema into tables and implemented them in the Oracle database using Oracle 11g. Used queries on SQL*Plus to retrieve complex data.
- Facebook Open Graph and the Semantic Web (Database Sys. Interoperability, Spring 2011)
Authoring a paper analyzing the role of Facebook's Open Graph in the evolution of the semantic web. Deals with the ontological represention of Facebook's user information, and the issues of privacy and trust.
Click on any title to expand/collapse.
- Intern at Center for Development of Telematics - Govt of India (May 2009 - Jun 2009)
Completed a project titled “INMS Logger” in Java using JSP, MySQL and XML as part of a seven-week In-Plant Training, in which a logging module was created to equip the system administrator with detailed content for application failures in the organization’s IP Network Management System, to enable faster error-detecting and debugging by providing programmers with specific messages upon capturing errors based on criticality.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Perl
- Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
- Software: NetBeans, Eclipse, Oracle 11g, MySQL, Visual Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MATLAB
Download my resume here.
To get in touch with me, you can e-mail me at email@example.com.