NACHOS Operating System on UNIX
Project on SOCKET PROGRAMMING
- Designed and implemented algorithms for kernel tasks like Thread Synchronization primitives, Mutual Exclusion (local and distributed), Threads and Process Management, System calls
- Demand paged Virtual Memory, RPC's for Lock and Condition Variables.
- Implemented centralized networking using RING ELECTION algorithm for airport management system.
- A server client model was designed over TCP sockets where the client can use the server to check time and date.
- Client connects and sends messages to the server, displays the message and terminates after send and receive of one query. Server can accept two clients concurrently, respond to clients query and terminate after serving both the clients.
Location-aware Environmental Sensing application on Nokia N95
- Use of Mobile Media API (JSR135), Location API (JSR179), Bluetooth API (JSR82) as well as MIDP2.0 operations to create a location-aware environmental sensing application on Nokia N95.
- Bluetooth Sensing: Whenever signaled by the user, the device will probe the environment and count the number of Bluetooth devices around.
- Background Sound Sensing: Whenever signaled by the user, the device will record the background sound for 5 seconds, and determine whether it is a quiet or loud environment.
- Location Tagging: All the sensing tasks are location based, that is, the phone GPS is activated and location is retrieved before conducting the sensing.
Yahoo! Finance & Facebook Mashup – an AJAX/JSON/Java Exercise
- Became familiar with the AJAX, REST, JSON & XML technologies
- Used a combination of HTML, CSS, DOM, XMLHttpRequest, XML and Java Servlets.
- Provided an interface to search and display stock quotes from Yahoo! Finance using Perl scraping code and posted them to Facebook.
Android Facebook Post – A Mobile Phone Exercise
Personal Real Time Stock Quote
- Became familiar with Eclipse, Android and Facebook.
- Used Java code with a combination of the Android SDK and Facebook APIs.
- Provided an interface to post text and pictures to Facebook.
- Also implemented the same using the Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows Phone 7 SDK and Facebook.
- Got experience with Perl programming language, CGI programming and parsing text using Perl regular expressions
- A guestbook is created where visitors record personal information and their favorite stocks so that when a visitor returns and logs in, the system will display their information and the latest data for the stocks they have provided using the above.
Simulation of a Layer-3 capable Ethernet Switch
- Capable of Inter-Network Switching and Intra-Network Switching with Contention
- Simple Contention Resolution and Error Detection.
- Capable of Broadcast Switching
- Employs Store & Forward Switching
- Simulated using Modelsim, with Xilinx being the platform.
- Coding Language : VHDL
Network Protocols and Buffer Management
- Analysis and Simulation of network of queues in NS-2.
- Traffic: CBR, Poisson, FTP and Telnet.
- Packet Scheduler: Tail Drop, Stochastic Fair Queueing and Random Early Detection.
- Analysis & Simulation using NS-2 to study the saturation throughput in an IEEE 802.11 network.
- To study and understand Network Protocols using Opnet and Wireshark.
- Wired: DNS, DHCP, ARP, IPv4, OSPF, BGP
- Wireless: 802.11a/b, AODV, OLSR.