3- B. Leng, P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, S.
Zhou, Zh. Niu, "Incentive Pricing and Operation Scheme for
Inter-operator Sharing in Green Cellular Networks", Under review.
I am a PhD candidate in Autonomous Network Research Group
, Electrical Engineering Department
at University of Southern California
(USC). I'm interested in Decision making under Uncertainty, Robust
Optimization, Stochastic Control and Resource Allocation. My advisor is
prof. Bhaskar Krishnamachari and I was also honored to collaborate with prof. Tara Javidi from UCSD and prof. Vishal Gupta from Marshal school of business, USC.
I was a visiting scholar at Sloan School of Management, Operation Research Center at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and I was delighted to work with prof. Dimitris Bertsimas.
I got my M.Sc. degree in Computer Science at University of Southern California in spring 2015.
I also received my B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Electrical
engineering from Sharif University of Technology (SUT), Tehran, Iran, in
2008 and 2010, respectively.
1- P. Mansourifard, T. Javidi, B.
Krishnamachari, "Percentile Policies for Tracking of Markovian Random
Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation", Under review.
2- N. Golrezaei, P. Mansourifard, A. F. Molisch, A. G. Dimakis, "Base-Station Assisted Device-to-Device Communications for High-Throughput Wireless Video Networks", " IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13, issue 7, pp. 3665 - 3676, July, 2014.
1- P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, T. Javidi, "Tracking of Real-Valued Markovian Random Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation", American Control Conferece (ACC), Chicago, Illinois, 2015.
2- B. Leng, P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, "Microeconomic Analysis of Base-Station Sharing in Green Cellular Networks", International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2014.
3- P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, T. Javidi, "Bayesian Congestion Control over a Markovian Network Bandwidth Process", Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers (Invited), 2013.
4- J. Wang, P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, "Power Allocation over Two Identical Gilbert-Elliott Channels", IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC), Budapest, Hungary, 2013.
5- P. Mansourifard, F. Jazizadeh, B. Krishnamachari, B. Becerik-Gerber, "Online Learning for Personalized Room-Level Thermal Control: A Multi-Armed Bandit Framework", The 5th ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Buildings (BuildSys 2013), Rome, Italy, 2013.
- Tracking of Markovian Random Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation, Rigorous Systems Research Group (RSRG) Seminar, Department of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, Caltech, December 2014, [Slides]
6- P. Mansourifard, T. Javidi, B. Krishnamachari, "Optimality of Myopic Policy for a Class of Monotone Affine Restless Multi-Armed Bandits
", CDC2012, Maui, Hawaii.
7- N. Golrezaei, P. Mansourifard, M. Nasiri-Kenari, "Multi-Carrier
Based cooperative Cognitive Network," IEEE Vehicular Technology
Conference: VTC 2011-Spring, pp.1-5.
8- P. Mansourifard, M. Nasiri-Kenari,
"Throughput Analysis of Multiple-Access-Relay Channel Based on Rateless
Coding", IEEE 5th International Symposium on Telecommunications
(IST2010) Conference, Tehran, Iran.
- Percentile Policies for Tracking of Markovian Random Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation
Information Theory and Application Workhop (ITA), UCSD, February 2016
- Threshold Policies For Inventory Problems With Partially Observed Markovian Demands
INFOR MS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, November 2015, [Slides]
Journal Club Meeting, Oracle corporation, Burlington, MA, Novermber 2015
American Control Conference (ACC), July 2015, [Slides]
- Bayesian Congestion Control over a Markovian Network Bandwidth Process,
CommNetS - Electrical Engineering Communication, Networks and
Systems Research Seminar, Ming Hsieh Institute, USC, September, 2013, [Slides
EARS workshop, October 2013, [Poster
Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, November 2013, [Slides]
- Online Learning for Personalized Room-Level Thermal Control: A Multi-Armed Bandit Framework,
5th ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Buildings (BuildSys), December 2013, [Slides]
- Optimality of Myopic Policy for a Class of Monotone Affine Restless Multi-Armed Bandits,
Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, November 2012, [Poster]
51st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2012, [Slides]
- M.Sc. thesis, "Cooperative communications based on
network coding and Rateless Coding approach and their analysis,"
Advisor: Dr. Masoumeh Nasiri-Kenari.
- B.Sc. thesis, "Digital image compression based on sparse decomposition approaches," Advisor: Dr. Massoud Babaie-zadeh.
- EE 512: Probability and Stochastic Processes in Systems, Fall 2014
- EE 550: Data Networks: Design and Analysis, Spring 2014
- EE 450: Introduction to Computer Networks, Fall 2012 and Spring 2015
- Signals and Systems, Spring 2010
- Communication Circuits, Spring 2009 - Spring 2010
- Coding Theory, Fall 2009
- Communication I, Spring 2009
- Fundamental of Electrical Engineering, Spring 2007
- Analysis of Algothim
- Machine Learning
- Database Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Random Processes
- Applied Probability
- Coding Theory
- Information Theory
- Computer Networks
- Congestion Control
Honors and Awards
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) American Dissertation Completion Fellowship, 2015 - 2016
- USC Graduate School Top-off Fellowship, 2015 - 2016
- USC Viterbi's Dean Fellowship - support with full tuition and stipend, 2011 - 2014
- Elected to speak in Graduation Day Information Theory and Application Workshop (ITA), UCSD, 2016
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, Doctoral Candidate inductee, 2015
- American Control Conference Student Travel Award, Chicago, 2015
- USC WiSE travel Grant recipient to attend ACC Conference, Chicago, 2015
- USC GHC scholarship recipient to attend Grace Hopper Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, 2014
- USC WiSE travel Grant recipient to attend Grace Hopper Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, 2014
- Travel Grant for CRA-W Graduate Cohort Workshop, Santa Clara, California, 2014
- USC WiSE travel scholarship recipient to attend ACM/BuildSys, Roma, Italy, 2013
- Ranked 1st among more than 10,000 participants in the Nation Wide
Universities Entrance Exams for Graduate degree in Electrical
Engineering -Winter 2008
- Ranked 14th out of 250,000 at Iran's National Entrance Exam for Universities and Colleges Under-graduate Level, 2004
- Ranked 7th among all 140 B.Sc. students in Electrical Engineering of
Sharif University of Technology, GPA: 18.2 out of 20, 2008.
- Ranked 3rd among all 26 M.Sc. students in field of Communication at
Sharif University of Technology Electrical Engineering Department, GPA:
18.07 out of 20, 2010.
- Second Place in the first stage of 13th National Olympiad for
Electrical Engineering students, a country-wide competition, Tehran,
- Fifth Place in the final stage of 13th National Olympiad for
Electrical Engineering students, a country-wide competition, Tehran,
Iran, July 2008
- Iran Telecommunication Research Center (ITRC) Research Grant, awarded to my Masters thesis, 2010
- Granted M.Sc. admission in Bioelectrical Engineering as an Exceptional Talent, Sharif University, Jan. 2008
- Granted Ph.D. admission Electrical engineering as an Exceptional Talent, Sharif University, Jun. 2011
Link to my Linkedin profile
Link to my Google Scholar profile