Mission & Objectives
NSBE's national mission is “to increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.”
At USC, our chapter aims to promote an expansive, ethnically diverse network of students pursuing STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) degrees. Our objectives include to:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek and advise minority youth in their pursuit of an engineering career
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks & other minorities in that profession.
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of black engineers.