I am a sophomore at USC majoring in Civil Engineering (Building Science).
I am currently a research assistant at the USC Innovation in Integrated Informatics Lab researching Smart Phone Based Indoor Location Sensing. Previously I was a research assistant studying sustainable cities as a part of the USC Center on Megacities.
I am a Viterbi Student Ambassador, and a member of the Officer Council for the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Chapter at USC. I have recently been elected as the Vice President of External Relations for SWE for the 2012-13 academic year.
I am also involved in the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) chapters at USC.
I am looking for a paid summer internship related to civil Engineering.
I am currently enrolled in:
- CE 225: Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- CE 325: Dynamics
- ARCH 205b: Building Science I
- CE 207: Introduction to Design of Structural Systems
- MUJZ 419: The Jazz Experience: Myths and Culture
- NAUT 001: Deepwater Cruising
You can download my resume here.
- CE 205: Statics
- PHYS 152: Fundamentals of Physics II: Electricity and Magnetism
- ARCH 205: Building Science I
- ARLT 100: American Bestsellers since WWII
- REL 134: Introduction to Buddhist Literature
- CE 107: Introduction to Civil Engineering Graphics
- CE 108: Introduction to Computer Methods in Civil Engineering
- MATH 245: Mathematics of Physics and Engineering I
- PHYS 161: Fundamentals of Physics I: Mechanics and Thermodynamics (honors)
- ENGR 100a: Engineering Honors Colloquium
- ITAL 120: Italian I
- ENGR 102: Engineering Freshmen Academy
- CE 106: Design and Planning of Civil Engineering Systems
- MATH 226: Calculus III
- ARCH 114: Architecture: Culture and Community
- IR 101: International Relations
- WRIT 140: Writing and Critical Reasoning
I can be reached at natalie.alvarez+at+usc.edu