Technologies: Java, SQL, Socket Programming [Sep 2013]
• The system boosts the performance of application servers by implementing caching locally on the server.
• Developed a coordinator between multiple clients and a database server to reduce the overall load on the server and allow the server to perform more useful work and thus improve its efficiency.
• The coordinator keeps track of the data held by all the clients.
• The clients cache the data locally and service requests with data from the cache. The clients reconnect with the coordinator whenever the connection is dropped or if the client fails.
• This makes the system quite robust and helps in dealing with hardware or network failures.