I have about 4 years of experience in software development and database management, with a strong focus on Django and experience building clean, user friendly, standards-compliant, cross browser, and highly-scalable software solutions.
Self-motivated & passionate learner, strong problem-solving skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Master of Science in Computer Science
Analysis of Algorithms, Database Systems, Web Technologies, Foundations of Artificial Intelligence, Information Retrieval and Web Search Engine, Applied Natural Language Processing, Foundations and Applications of Data Mining.
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Management, Database Technologies, Software Engineering, Data Warehousing Mining and Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Information Storage Management and Disaster Recovery, Software Project Management, Internet Programming, Operating Systems for Computational Devices, Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
USC School of Pharmacy (July 2019 - Present)
- Developed RESTful API endpoints to enable token authentication using django-rest-auth and data serialization using Django Rest Framework.
- Improved UI/UX to facilitate quality user experience.
- Developed customized PDF generation process to fulfill client requirements.
- Leveraged software development best practices.
- Implemented agile development mMethodologies.
- Leveraged functionality of Jira for software development and bug reporting.
- Implemented TDD/Automation Testing to reduce number of bugs by 70%.
- Implemented CI/CD development practices.
- Improved software efficiency and reduced web page loading time by 80%.
- Set up SSL certificate with Nginx, Systemd, Gunicorn configuration on AWS EC2 instance.
- Enhanced reporting to senior leadership.
- Streamlined the review and tracking of syllabi.
- Improved curricular and programmatic assessment.
- Improved the overall efficiency of academic and business operations.
- Analyzed curriculum, assessment, admission, and business office data (including AARDVARC data) to identify trends, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and help drive data-informed decision-making
- Built intuitive and actionable reports using Tableau and other tools that drove the academic and business outcomes.
- Worked directly with the Assistant Dean of Assessment to identify KPIs for the USC School of Pharmacy Strategic Plan and build tools that were shared with the executive team.
- Worked with large datasets to investigate key trends and changes over time.
- Read, analyzed, and communicated these results to faculty and administrators.
- View Website
- Single-handedly built scalable architecture to serve multiuser and multiaccess requirements.
- Completely remodeled and migrated the non-relational key-pair database to relational database with 100% success.
- Single-handedly migrated the complete application to AWS EC2 instance.
- Configured the AWS EC2 instance to serve multiple websites using same instance, thereby saving about $5000/year.
- Implemented authentication and authorization system which adheres to industry standards.
- Mentored a student through STAR EHA Program.
- Helped the student understand various basic/advanced programming concepts.
- Leveraged the Django framework to implement easy to code website.
USC School of Pharmacy (June 2018 - May 2019)
- Created Dashboards in Tableau for USC School of Pharmacy to analyze student performance and answer business questions.
- Created Tableau interactive Dashboards to find trends in the admission data for USC School of Pharmacy.
- Presented findings to Manager to deduce conclusions about data for making informed decisions.
- Leveraged versatilities of Tableau by using advanced techniques - Motion chart, Bump chart, Donut chart and R.
- Cleaned and manipulated the data to get into the required format.
Korean Air (June 2018 - August 2018)
- Created Android project for Face Recognition using Amazon Rekognition.
- Performed manual and automation testing(unit, integration, system, functional) of mobile apps and recorded bugs and manual testing steps using VSTS.
- Created automated test cases in XCode.
- Created documentations for the testing and bug reports.
Accenture India (July 2015 - March 2017)
- Created macros to project objectives achieved and team efficiency using advanced Excel to reduce efforts by 8 hours per week.
- Automated daily procedures in uniface to achieve reduction in manual efforts by 1000 hours per year.
- Improved efficiency of SQL reporting by 70% for daily processes, such as customer connection requests, issues and mobile top-ups.
- Developed a part of payment interface module in uniface to achieve easier and quicker on-call payment functionality.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills by engaging in team-building activities.
Travel and Entertainment Search app shows details of places like photos, reviews, directions etc. It shows the list of places based on matching keyword and distance. Based on the place selected it also shows the basic information, like phone number, address, website(which you can visit) etc. This is done using google places API. It also has photos tab where the app shows photos returned by google places API. This also has maps tab which shows the selected place and options for navigation using Google Maps API. It also has reviews tab which shows Google and Yelp reviews upon toggle and has option to sort the reviews. This is done using Google and Yelp APIs.See Project
Travel and Entertainment Search website shows details of places. It shows the list of places based on matching keyword and distance. Based on the place selected it also shows the basic information, like phone number, address, website(which you can visit) etc. This is done using google places API. It also has photos tab where the website shows photos returned by google places API. This also has maps tab which shows the selected place and options for navigation using Google Maps API. This website also has functionalities such as showing alternative routes, time taken to reach etc. It also has reviews tab which shows Google and Yelp reviews upon toggle and has option to sort the reviews. This is done using Google and Yelp APIs.See Project
- Implemented a program for web crawling, to crawl over 20000 web pages as a part of Information Retrieval and Web Search Engine Course.
- Built a learning algorithm for an android application to recognize captured image using Amazon Rekognition.
- The comparison was done with all the images from local phone gallery as well as S3 object.
- Implemented manual and automation test scripts to perform Unit, Functional, Integration and System testing.
- Implemented manual and automation test scripts for Korean Air flight booking app using XCode.
An Attendance Management System based on auto switch-on and shut-sown facility. It has abilities to capture images, detects and recognizes faces, marks attendance. Face Detection is implemented using integral image, Haar-like Features, AdaBoost and Cascading Classifier(Viola-Jones Algorithm). Face Recognition is implemented using Local Binary Pattern Histogram. This has functionalities such as getting headcount, generating report, options for editing attendance.See Project
- Devised an algorithm for LA homelessness app to pick next applicant to maximize it's efficiency as a part of Artificial Intelligence Course.
- Developed an algorithm to allocate police to maximize scooter route efficiency as a part of Artificial Intelligence Course
- Source Code Control in .NET with Git Using SourceTree See Certificate
- Integrating Tableau and R for Data Science See Certificate
- Learning Data Analytics See Certificate
- Tableau 10 for Data Scientists See Certificate
- Intro to Python for Data Science Course See Certificate
- R Programming See Certificate
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox See Certificate
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) See Certificate