MY ROBOT:-The name of my robot is K2. Its not a movie character or something , its just the initials of my name.
-I've just started programming it and its not that difficult. Yeah no it actually is. Its just that i enjoy it way too much .
-It can sense , write , calculate. Basically it has a brain.
I switched to computer science after coming to USC. During my summer i took a few coding classes and totally loved it, i could connect everything to coding. Also , the creativity aspect to it really appeals to me.
My hobbies are playing tennis , hiking, running. Before it was only math that i was passionate about , but now computer science is also enlisted.
MY ROBOT SENSES!:
AIDAN's ROBOT SENSES:
JEFERSSON'S ROBOT SENSES:
GARLAND'S ROBOT SENSES:
ROBOTS GOT TALENT link-
INSECT LIKE BEHAVIOR AND CREATING MY OWN FUNCTION EXPLORE()-Code
ROBOT GAMES LINKS-
Keyboard Control and Fight Song
PRELAB Qs FOR HW3-
1. Write a description of your team’s USAR strategy. What is your algorithm and sensors used for this task?
Our strategy is to navigate using our keypad, and through the switch statement , enable it to take a picture when we want to and store it. Sensors used are IR, obstacle, battery to help navigate the robot.
2. Write a description of your robot’s performance for navigating through the mock disaster area. What is your algorithm and sensors used for this sub-‐problem?
I navigate it through the robot movements (forward, motors, turnLeft etc), using the IR obstacle and battery sensors, all this is done with the switch statement as it provides flexibility in selection.
3. Write a description of your robot’s locating lost scribblers behavior. What is your algorithm and sensors used for this sub-‐problem?
Using the takePicture command , i click pictures at random places to figure out the lost scribblers, also i edit them with a green box to make them identifiable. This is inclusive in the switch statement used for the movements.
4. Write a description of your team’s mapping strategy. What is your algorithm for this task?
we will mark the location of the scribblers wherever we picture them at. With this we will be able to plot the lost scribblers on the navigation map.
PRELAB FOR HW4
1.SEARCH ALGORITHM - My strategy is to search the picture vertically and once i find the alien , i will shade it and then use recursion to find the next object in the image
2.Alien class has public members boxAlien and getcoordinates and 3 constructers. data members are height,width,area and struct B
3. I used the basic concept of image processing i.e finding the RGB values of the alien using the link provided on piazza and then using that range of values to compare what my search algorithm returned. In that way, i could figure whether or not i found an alien.
4.I started with MARS1 because firstly it was on the HW4 webpage and also, there was only one alien on the right of the picture and i found it relatively convenient to test my algorithm
5. I used bubble sort to sort the aliens by size. I calculated the area of the box over the alien using the member function Area() of the alien class and compared the areas to sort the aliens by size
6. I used bubble sort here too. I calculated the top and botton coordinates of the aliens using the getcoordinates() member function of the alien class and would compare them to sort aliens by location
7. Big o notation- O(n^2)
PRELAB FOR FINAL PROJECT
1.I am demonstrating the while loop. It is really essential in the programming as it is used in almost every code. Basically used for repetition for a block of code time and again or also for infinite repetition of code
2.My program will engage the user by constant choice making that the user has to do and humor
3.I have used the robot for HCI, connecting the user choice to robot movements and hence this way the user will remain engaged
4.If my HCI is successful enough in engaging the users and the choices should be successfully demo-ed by the robot.
5.I am going to take responses from each user I engage.
6.My program uses cin command to take user responses and store them in an array of class student> And these responses with names and option chosen will be printed at the end
7.I will average the responses of the students and hence make an evaluation report which will consist of general consensus as well as indivisual feedbacks