Hello, I am Ramachaitanya Kavuluru and am a software engineer, working on MARS engineering project focused on 'unleashing performance of All Flash Arrays (AFA) while lowering the cost of solution to accelerate a wide variety of applications' [Beepy] at NetApp Inc. in Sunnyvale, California. Here is a note about the product, in "The Register".
I am glad that you had the time to visit me here.
If you are interested in joining the team go to NetApp's job web site and type in the keyword FlashRay.
My resume is available on request
- Master of Science, Computer Science, May 2012
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, May 2010
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
My experiences with the industry
- During my under graduate studies I had the opportunity to interact with some excellent people involved at LRDE and IISc. In my first semester of graduate studies I had a small stint with the iLab.
- In the following summer of 2011, I have interned with Qualcomm, where I was mentored by John Chatlani.
- In the fall of 2011 my interest for working with startups grew and was lucky to have acquired some experience with a couple of them. The first to give me an opportunity was a cloud start up called Social Cloud Inc. on their product, MySocialCloud which is now acquired by Reputation.com and the second is ServiceHands a company that aims at providing a platform for connecting individuals in the restaurant and food industry over the internet.
- I was elated when I was given a chance to work with the Systems Performance Group at Apple Inc. between January and May of 2012. I was reporting to Christa Porter and the experience certainly shaped my forming opinions.
- Since July 2012, I have been working at NetApp Inc. in a team led by Brian Pawlowski. I must admit, the enthusiasm for the project is certainly infectious.
My first experience
I still remember the first time when I was amazed by a computer. I would have been about 12 years old when I read Douglas Adam's Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I was awe struck when I came across Deep Thought and its description (a computer that was created by the pan-dimensional, hyper-intelligent race of beings to come up with the Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything).
Throughout my child-hood, I was fascinated by the grand unification theories and materials regarding a complete solution for the big picture. Ultimately, my goal is to partly understand these theories if not fully and fabricate computer science technology which will help achieve a better way of human life.