Setup Tutorial and Online Help
Created by: Sotirios Zogopoulos; Modified by Peter A. Beerel
0. Cadence can only run on the unix machines at USC (e.g., aludra). You will need to XTERM into these machines
to run the tools.
1. Make sure you have "source ~ee577/577a.setup" entry
in your .cshrc or .login file.
2. Create "cds" directory at your home directory.
3. Copy cadence.tar file from ~ee577/ee577bb/cad/ to the "cds" directory
you just created.
%cp ~ee577/ee577bb/cad/cadence.tar ~/cds
4. Unpack the file.
5. Make sure the following files are located at your cds directory.
%tar -xvf cadence.tar
.cdsinit // cadence initialized
6. Make sure you can run cadence tool by typing.
.cdsplotinit // cadence printing setup file
cds.lib // cadence
library setup file
7. Always invoke "icfb" in your ~/cds directory because all setup files
are in this directory.
Comment: In case that the tools are not working properly try to run
at the command line the 'source ~ee577/577a.setup'.