General Instructions about Using MOMspider
MOMspider is a robot program that can be used to help maintain a web site.
The program was developed by Roy Fielding and is written in Perl.
MOMspider can be found at
To install and start MOMspider, do the following:
- download software into a new directory
- uncompress and untar the file you downloaded
- make sure perl is installed on your system
- make sure libwww-perl is installed on your system
- set the configuration parameters so MOMspider will
traverse a section of your web site
- execute "perl momspider"
- the result is placed in a web page and email is sent
to your account with a summary of the results