General Instructions about Using MOMspider
MOMspider is a robot program that can be used to help maintain a web site.
The program was developed by Roy Fielding and is written in Perl.
MOMspider can be found at
To install and start MOMspider, do the following:
- download software into a new directory
- uncompress and untar the file you downloaded
- make sure perl is installed on your system
- make sure libwww-perl is installed on your system
- set the configuration parameters so MOMspider will
traverse a section of your web site
- execute "perl momspider"
- the result is placed in a web page and email is sent
to your account with a summary of the results
The University of Southern California does not screen or control the content on this website and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such content. All content on this website is provided by and is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated, and such content does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the University administration or the Board of Trustees