I am a Ph.D. Candidate in Computer Science, University of Southern California, advised by Prof. Ram Nevatia. My research focus is on Computer Vision and Machine Learning. In particular, I'm interested in understanding human activities and high-level events from unconstrained web videos. (C.V.)
Before coming to USC, I got my bachelor degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. I have been lucky to intern with Sanketh Shetty and Rahul Sukthankar at Google Research; Lubomir Bourdev, Ronan Collobert and Manohar Paluri at Facebook AI Research.
- Chen Sun, Chuang Gan and Ram Nevatia, Automatic Concept Discovery from Parallel Text and Visual Corpora. ICCV 2015
- Chen Sun, Sanketh Shetty, Rahul Sukthankar and Ram Nevatia, Temporal Localization of Fine-Grained Actions in Videos by Domain Transfer from Web Images. ACM Multimedia 2015
- Chen Sun and Ram Nevatia, Semantic Aware Video Transcription Using Random Forest Classifiers. ECCV 2014
- Chen Sun and Ram Nevatia, DISCOVER: Discovering Important Segments for Classification of Video Events and Recounting. CVPR 2014
- Chen Sun and Ram Nevatia, ACTIVE: Activity Concept Transitions in Video Event Classification. ICCV 2013
For a full list please refer to the Publications page.