I am currently a research scientist at Google, working on Computer Vision and Deep Learning. I obtained my Ph.D. from University of Southern California, advised by Prof. Ram Nevatia. My thesis is on event detection and recounting from large-scale consumer videos.
Before coming to the United States, I got my bachelor degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. I have been lucky to intern with Sanketh Shetty and Rahul Sukthankar at Google Research; Lubomir Bourdev, Ronan Collobert and Manohar Paluri at Facebook AI Research.
- Chen Sun, Manohar Paluri, Ronan Collobert, Ram Nevatia and Lubomir Bourdev, ProNet: Learning to Propose Object-specific Boxes for Cascaded Neural Networks. CVPR 2016
- Chen Sun, Chuang Gan and Ram Nevatia, Automatic Concept Discovery from Parallel Text and Visual Corpora. ICCV 2015
- Chen Sun, Sanketh Shetty, Rahul Sukthankar and Ram Nevatia, Temporal Localization of Fine-Grained Actions in Videos by Domain Transfer from Web Images. ACM Multimedia 2015
- Chen Sun and Ram Nevatia, Semantic Aware Video Transcription Using Random Forest Classifiers. ECCV 2014
- Chen Sun and Ram Nevatia, DISCOVER: Discovering Important Segments for Classification of Video Events and Recounting. CVPR 2014
- Chen Sun and Ram Nevatia, ACTIVE: Activity Concept Transitions in Video Event Classification. ICCV 2013
For a full list please refer to the Publications page.