- You must be enrolled as a full time student for the 2014-2015 school year. If you plan to travel abroad at any point during the competition season you will not be eligible for tryouts
- ALL MEMBERS are expected to maintain a 2.5 GPA to compete
- Cheerleading experience is required
- Tumbling is not required to the make team but it is highly recommended
- In order to try out for USC Cheer, applicants do not have to be committed to the university. However, after tryouts, applicants must notify the coaches and captain of his or her decision to accept or decline USC admission so their position on the team can be decided
- Team practices are held Sunday and Monday 8-10 p.m. and Wednesday 9-11 p.m. at The Lorenzo.
- With tryout, please include the following:
- Signed USC cheer member contract, signed liability waiver, and filled out tryout athlete information
- $200 non-refundable deposit securing your spot on the team. Check must be made out to USC Cheer. If you do not make the team, your check will be returned to you.
- If you are a freshman or a transfer student – A copy of your USC acceptance letter stating you have been accepted for Fall 2014
We will announce team placements May 15th via phone call followed by the roster that will be posted on our website. After this point we will be in contact with up coming dates, events, and fundraisers taking place over the summer.
All submissions must be postmarked by May 1st.
Videos can be sent on either on a DVD or USB drive. Any material given will not be returned. Please do not send previous footage of any performances at competitions or games.
- Introduction: Your name, age, major, hometown, how many years you’ve been cheerleading, your favorite celebrity you’d want to work out with, and why you want to be a part of USC Cheer.
- Most elite standing tumbling skill
- IE: Standing Back Handspring, Standing Back Tuck, Series Back Handsprings, Series Back Handsprings to tuck, layout, or full.
- Most elite running tumbling skill
- IE : Round Off Back Handspring Full
- 3 different jump combinations to either back handspring or tuck
- IE : triple toe back, side hurdler double toe back handspring, hurdler pike toe tuck
- 3 different stunt sections that you can perform showing 3 body lines and your most elite form of dismount:
- IE: Full Up to liberty, Straight up to heel stretch tick tock to lib, straight up to arabesque double down.
- 3 different baskets (at least one inverted basket)
- IE: Toe Touch, Back Tuck, kick double
- 3 different stunt sections that you can perform (including basket toss)
- IE: Full Up to lib, Tick Tocks, and a basket skills
Scheduled Date: April 19, 2014
Time: 9 am - 12 pm
Location: The Lorenzo
325 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles,CA 90007
Please RSVP to email@example.com by April 18, 2014
- All participants will be required to learn a 4 8-count dance routine, and will be expected to portray the showmanship and enthusiasm it takes to represent USC Cheer.
- We will also be asking you to show us your jump technique in combination form.
- Be ready to show the following: Toe Touch, Pike, and Hurdler. If you are able to tumble out of jumps please do so.