- You must be enrolled as a full time student for the academic year(s) you intend to be on the team. If you plan to travel abroad at any point during the school year you will not be eligible for tryouts that season.
- ALL MEMBERS are expected to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Cheerleading experience is required.
- The minimum required tumbling skill is a back handspring. Higher tumbling skills are highly recommended.
- In order to try out for USC Cheer, applicants do not already have to be committed to USC. However, after tryouts, applicants must notify the coaches and captains of his or her decision to accept or decline USC admission so their position on the team can be decided.
- Team practices are held Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday nights, 9-11 p.m. at The Lorenzo Student Housing.
- With your tryout, please bring or include the following:
- Signed USC Cheer Team Member Contract, signed liability waiver, and completed tryout athlete information sheet
- $200 non-refundable deposit securing your spot on the team. Payment will only be accepted in the form of checks, which must be made out to Cheer at USC. If you do not make the team, your check will not be deposited, it will be voided and shredded.
Team placements will be announced May 20, 2016 via email. After all positions are accepted, the new team roster will be posted on our website and Facebook page. We will be in contact with the selected athletes regarding upcoming dates, events, and fundraisers taking place over the summer and school year.
(click for more)
All submission packages must be postmarked by May 1st.
USC Lyon Center, Attn: USC Cheer
1026 W. 34th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Videos can be sent on either on a DVD or USB drive, included with all other paperwork and materials. Any material sent will not be returned. Please do not send previous footage of any performances at competitions or games.
- Introduction: Your name, age, major, hometown, how many years you’ve been cheerleading, a celebrity you’d want to work out with, and why you want to be a part of USC Cheer
- Most elite standing tumbling skill
- ex: standing back handspring, standing back tuck, series back handsprings, series back handsprings to tuck, layout, or full
- Most elite running tumbling skill
- ex: round off back handspring full
- Three different jump combinations to either back handspring or tuck
- ex: triple toe touch, back tuck; hurdler, double toe touch, back handspring; hurdler, pike, toe touch, tuck
- Three different stunt sections showing three body lines and your most elite dismount
- ex: full up to lib; straight up heel stretch, tick tock to lib; straight up to arabesque, double down
- Three different basket tosses (at least one inverted basket)
- ex: toe touch; back tuck; kick double
- Three different stunt sections (including a basket toss)
- ex: full up to lib; tick tocks; basket tosses
(click for more)
Scheduled Date: April 30, 2016
Mandatory Clinic: 9 am - 11:30 am
Tryout/Interview: 12 pm - 1:30 pm
Location: The Lorenzo Student Housing
Address: 325 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles,CA 90007
Please RSVP to email@example.com by April 28, 2016
- All participants will be required to learn a three 8-count dance and demonstrate their best tumbling and stunting skills.
- Each athlete will be asked to show their jump technique, including combination jumps and jumps to tumbling.
- Judges will be watching for athletes who portray the work ethic, showmanship, and enthusiasm it takes to represent USC Cheer.