- You must be enrolled as a full time student for the academic year(s) you intend to be on the team. If you plan to travel abroad at any point during the school year you will not be eligible for tryouts.
- ALL MEMBERS are expected to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Cheerleading experience is required.
- Tumbling is not required to the make team, but it is highly recommended.
- In order to try out for USC Cheer, applicants do not already have to be committed to USC. However, after tryouts, applicants must notify the coaches and captain of his or her decision to accept or decline USC admission so their position on the team can be decided.
- Team practices are held Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday 9-11 p.m. at The Lorenzo Student Housing.
- With your tryout, please bring or include the following:
- Signed USC Cheer Team Member Contract, signed liability waiver, and completed tryout athlete information sheet
- $200 non-refundable deposit securing your spot on the team. Checks must be made out to Cheer/Stunt Club. If you do not make the team, your check will be returned to you.
- If you are a freshman or a transfer student – A copy of your USC acceptance letter stating you have been accepted for Fall 2015
Team placements will be announced May 30, 2015 via phone call. After all calls are made, the new team roster will be posted on our website and Facebook page. We will be in contact with the selected athletes regarding upcoming dates, events, and fundraisers taking place over the summer and school year.
(click for more)
All submissions must be sent in by May 1st.
Videos can be sent on either on a DVD or USB drive or by email to email@example.com. Any material sent will not be returned. Please do not send previous footage of any performances at competitions or games.
- Introduction: Your name, age, major, hometown, how many years you’ve been cheerleading, a celebrity you’d want to work out with, and why you want to be a part of USC Cheer
- Most elite standing tumbling skill
- ex: standing back handspring, standing back tuck, series back handsprings, series back handsprings to tuck, layout, or full
- Most elite running tumbling skill
- ex: round off back handspring full
- 3 different jump combinations to either back handspring or tuck
- ex: triple toe back, side hurdler double toe back handspring, hurdler pike toe tuck
- 3 different stunt sections showing 3 body lines and your most elite dismount:
- ex: full up to lib, straight up to heel stretch tick tock to lib, straight up to arabesque double down
- 3 different baskets (at least one inverted basket):
- ex: toe touch, back tuck, kick double
- 3 different stunt sections (including a basket toss)
- ex: full up to lib, tick tocks, and a basket toss
(click for more)
Scheduled Date: May 2, 2015
Time: 9 am - 1 pm
Location: The Lorenzo Student Housing
Address: 325 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles,CA 90007
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2015
- All participants will be required to learn a three 8-count dance and will be expected to portray the showmanship and enthusiasm it takes to represent USC Cheer.
- We will be asked you to show us your jump technique, including combination jumps.
- Be ready to show the following: toe touch, pike, and hurdler. If you are able to tumble out of jumps, you will be asked to do so.