Seeking for a full time job opportunity in the area of Computer Science that complements and enhances my education and skills.
Masters in Computer Science, University of Southern California (GPA: 3.45)
Jan 2010 - Dec 2012
Bachelors in Computer Science, BMS College of Engineering, VTU, India (69.7%)
Oct 2004 - Jul 2008
MS Windows (All), Macintosh, UNIX
MS Office, MS Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk MAYA, Nuke, Boujou, Apache Tika.
Software Development Engineer - Answers.com
Apr 2013 - Present
- Working on web application development using PHP
- Using PHP for web development, with jQuery and CSS for front end.
- Working on a custom built PHP framework for web development.
- This uses mysql DB/memcached for data storage. It also uses mongoDB and couchDB for specific purposes.
Internship in Web Application Development - APPLE INC.
May 2012 - Dec 2012
- Working on a web application using Ruby on Rails.
- This involves perl for cronjobs, postgres DB and different UI libraries like DataTables and highcharts.
- Data is collected using an Apple Internal Web API or AppleScript and stored in a local Database.
- As and when the user wants the reports to be generated, the data is processed and the web based reports/charts are generated.
Assistant Systems Engineer - TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES Ltd., India
Aug 2008 - Mar 2010
Apple Production Support (APS)
- Worked on Genesys Framework and thus gained an insight into CTI (Computer Telephony Integration).
- With Apple Inc. as clients, it helped me understand the real-time operational requirements required by clients.
- I was trained for iPhone application development during this project.
- Worked on many technologies associated with IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
- This included an opportunity to work with TTS and SRS engines for text translation and speech recognition.
A Comprehensive Evaluation of SQL and NoSQL DBMSs
- Analyzed the different performance metrics of NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL) database systems using Yahoo Cloud Serving Benchmark tool using the core workloads of YCSB. Then, compared the performance of the two systems.
Content extraction and search using Apache Tika
- Decimated more than 2000 pdf documents using Apache Tika and extracted the content for statistical analysis.
Spatial Search using Apache Solr, SIS and Google Maps
- Decimated more than 2000 pdf, indexed the data using Solr. Also indexed geonames dataset for USA.
- A search was done for a set of given terms and the geonames in the indexed data.
- PDFs were geotagged using Google Maps API to a location that appeared maximum number of times in the PDF.
ClubNet Android Applications
- An integrated environment for USC students to get access to various student clubs registered under the university, and the events held by them.
Twitter and Movie Project
- Parsed the web response content from flixster and displayed it as a table on an iPhone app with links provided to buy tickets.
- Integrated with twitter library to tweet about the movie as well.
Spatial Database project
- Implemented many spatial database queries and developed a GUI using java swing.
Database Systems, Information Retrieval and Web Search Engines, Algorithms, NewSQL Database Management Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Database Interoperability, Web Technologies, Design of User Interface Software, Visual Effects (School of Cinematic Arts)