3- B. Leng, P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, S.
Zhou, Zh. Niu, "Incentive Pricing and Operation Scheme for
Inter-operator Sharing in Green Cellular Networks", Under review.
I am a PhD candidate in Autonomous Network Research Group
, Electrical Engineering Department
at University of Southern California
(USC). I'm interested in Decision making under Uncertainty, Robust
Optimization, Stochastic Control and Resource Allocation. My advisor is
Professor Bhaskar Krishnamachari and my co-advisor is Vishal Gupta from Marshal school of business. I was also honored to collaborate with Tara Javidi.
I am currently a visiting scholar at Sloan School of Management, Operation Research Center at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and I am delighted to work with Professor Dimitris Bertsimas.
I got my M.Sc. degree in Computer Science at University of Southern California in spring 2015.
I also received my B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Electrical
engineering from Sharif University of Technology (SUT), Tehran, Iran, in
2008 and 2010, respectively.
CV (pdf format)
1- P. Mansourifard, T. Javidi, B.
Krishnamachari, "Percentile Policies for Tracking of Markovian Random
Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation", Under review.
2- N. Golrezaei, P. Mansourifard, A. F. Molisch, A. G. Dimakis, "Base-Station Assisted Device-to-Device Communications for High-Throughput Wireless Video Networks", " IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13, issue 7, pp. 3665 - 3676, July, 2014.
1- P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, T. Javidi, "Tracking of Real-Valued Markovian Random Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation", American Control Conferece (ACC), Chicago, Illinois, 2015.
2- B. Leng, P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, "Microeconomic Analysis of Base-Station Sharing in Green Cellular Networks", International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2014.
3- P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, T. Javidi, "Bayesian Congestion Control over a Markovian Network Bandwidth Process", Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers (Invited), 2013.
4- J. Wang, P. Mansourifard, B. Krishnamachari, "Power Allocation over Two Identical Gilbert-Elliott Channels", IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC), Budapest, Hungary, 2013.
5- P. Mansourifard, F. Jazizadeh, B. Krishnamachari, B. Becerik-Gerber, "Online Learning for Personalized Room-Level Thermal Control: A Multi-Armed Bandit Framework", The 5th ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Buildings (BuildSys 2013), Rome, Italy, 2013.
- Tracking of Markovian Random Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation, Rigorous Systems Research Group (RSRG) Seminar, Department of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, Caltech, December 2014, [Slides]
6- P. Mansourifard, T. Javidi, B. Krishnamachari, "Optimality of Myopic Policy for a Class of Monotone Affine Restless Multi-Armed Bandits
", CDC2012, Maui, Hawaii.
7- N. Golrezaei, P. Mansourifard, M. Nasiri-Kenari, "Multi-Carrier
Based cooperative Cognitive Network," IEEE Vehicular Technology
Conference: VTC 2011-Spring, pp.1-5.
8- P. Mansourifard, M. Nasiri-Kenari,
"Throughput Analysis of Multiple-Access-Relay Channel Based on Rateless
Coding", IEEE 5th International Symposium on Telecommunications
(IST2010) Conference, Tehran, Iran.
- Percentile Policies for Tracking of Markovian Random Processes with Asymmetric Cost and Observation
Information Theory and Application Workhop (ITA), UCSD, February 2016
- Threshold Policies For Inventory Problems With Partially Observed Markovian Demands
INFOR MS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, November 2015, [Slides]
Journal Club Meeting, Oracle corporation, Burlington, MA, Novermber 2015
American Control Conference (ACC), July 2015, [Slides]
- Bayesian Congestion Control over a Markovian Network Bandwidth Process,
CommNetS - Electrical Engineering Communication, Networks and
Systems Research Seminar, Ming Hsieh Institute, USC, September, 2013, [Slides
EARS workshop, October 2013, [Poster
Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, November 2013, [Slides]
- Online Learning for Personalized Room-Level Thermal Control: A Multi-Armed Bandit Framework,
5th ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Buildings (BuildSys), December 2013, [Slides]
- Optimality of Myopic Policy for a Class of Monotone Affine Restless Multi-Armed Bandits,
Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, November 2012, [Poster]
51st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2012, [Slides]
- M.Sc. thesis, "Cooperative communications based on
network coding and Rateless Coding approach and their analysis,"
Advisor: Dr. Masoumeh Nasiri-Kenari.
- B.Sc. thesis, "Digital image compression based on sparse decomposition approaches," Advisor: Dr. Massoud Babaie-zadeh.
- EE 512: Probability and Stochastic Processes in Systems, Fall 2014
- EE 550: Data Networks: Design and Analysis, Spring 2014
- EE 450: Introduction to Computer Networks, Fall 2012 and Spring 2015
- Signals and Systems, Spring 2010
- Communication Circuits, Spring 2009 - Spring 2010
- Coding Theory, Fall 2009
- Communication I, Spring 2009
- Fundamental of Electrical Engineering, Spring 2007
- Analysis of Algothim
- Machine Learning
- Database Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Random Processes
- Applied Probability
- Coding Theory
- Information Theory
- Computer Networks
- Congestion Control
Honors and Awards
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) American Dissertation Completion Fellowship, 2015 - 2016
- USC Graduate School Top-off Fellowship, 2015 - 2016
- USC Viterbi's Dean Fellowship - support with full tuition and stipend, 2011 - 2014
- Elected to speak in Graduation Day Information Theory and Application Workshop (ITA), UCSD, 2016
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, Doctoral Candidate inductee, 2015
- American Control Conference Student Travel Award, Chicago, 2015
- USC WiSE travel Grant recipient to attend ACC Conference, Chicago, 2015
- USC GHC scholarship recipient to attend Grace Hopper Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, 2014
- USC WiSE travel Grant recipient to attend Grace Hopper Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, 2014
- Travel Grant for CRA-W Graduate Cohort Workshop, Santa Clara, California, 2014
- USC WiSE travel scholarship recipient to attend ACM/BuildSys, Roma, Italy, 2013
- Ranked 1st among more than 10,000 participants in the Nation Wide
Universities Entrance Exams for Graduate degree in Electrical
Engineering -Winter 2008
- Ranked 14th out of 250,000 at Iran's National Entrance Exam for Universities and Colleges Under-graduate Level, 2004
- Ranked 7th among all 140 B.Sc. students in Electrical Engineering of
Sharif University of Technology, GPA: 18.2 out of 20, 2008.
- Ranked 3rd among all 26 M.Sc. students in field of Communication at
Sharif University of Technology Electrical Engineering Department, GPA:
18.07 out of 20, 2010.
- Second Place in the first stage of 13th National Olympiad for
Electrical Engineering students, a country-wide competition, Tehran,
- Fifth Place in the final stage of 13th National Olympiad for
Electrical Engineering students, a country-wide competition, Tehran,
Iran, July 2008
- Iran Telecommunication Research Center (ITRC) Research Grant, awarded to my Masters thesis, 2010
- Granted M.Sc. admission in Bioelectrical Engineering as an Exceptional Talent, Sharif University, Jan. 2008
- Granted Ph.D. admission Electrical engineering as an Exceptional Talent, Sharif University, Jun. 2011
Link to my Linkedin profile
Link to my Google Scholar profile